Traditionally served with sausage!
Makes: 4 servings.
- ½ -1 lbs. stew beef
- ½ tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 tablespoon garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1/3 – 2/3 tablespoon merguez spice mix
- 1-2 tablespoons diced cilantro (optional)
In a large bowl mix together harissa, merguez spice mix, and cilantro. Toss in stew meat, coating pieces well.
Warm pot over medium high heat and melt butter/ghee into oil. Sauté garlic 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Add in coated meat pieces and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until browned.