Easy crockpot meal for serving over rice or mashed potatoes!
Makes: 3-5 servings
- 1 3-5 lbs. beef roast
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 piece of ginger, minced or grated
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder with diced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon jalapeno powder (optional)
- 4-6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
In a crock pot over low heat melt butter or ghee and sauté ginger 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Mix in cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, chili powder, paprika, chicken bouillon, jalapeno powder.
Add in beef and brown 3-4 minutes.
Pour in broth and cook on high 5-6 hours.