This dish can turn anyone into a lentil lover. Lamb, ground beef or bacon are just a few great additions!
Makes: 4-5 servings.
- 2 1/2cups brown or green lentils
- 1 10 oz. can stew tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric, minced (optional)
- 1 red onion, grated or julienned
- ½ tablespoon turmeric, minced or grated
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons parsley, diced
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2/3 teaspoon sweet ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 tablespoon clove
- 8 cups water
In a pressure cooker combine lentil, tomatoes, onion, turmeric, garlic, parsley, crushed bay leaf, toasted cumin seeds, smoked paprika, sweet ginger, ginger, pepper, cayenne pepper, clove.
Set the cooker to sauté and toast spices 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add in lentils water, close lid, lock, set to high pressure and cook for 30 minutes.