Great for the younger crowd! Perfect for tailoring to diets while retaining that savory kick!
Makes: 8-10 slices.
- 1 pizza shell 8-10 inch
- 2 cups thin slices of chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 2/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, julienned
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced or grated
- 1-2 green chilies, thinly sliced, minced, or grated (chipotle peppers work good too in a pinch!)
- ½-inch piece ginger paste
- 1-inch piece tomato paste
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can crushed or stewed tomatoes
- 1 tub crumbled feta cheese or white cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400.
In the skillet , melt butter/ghee into oil.
Sauté onion, garlic, and chilies 1 minute.
Add in ginger paste, turmeric paste, turmeric, cumin, paprika, black pepper and sauté 1 minute.
Pour in tomatoes and stir well.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
With the shell on pizza round, start topping it by spooning cooked chicken tomato sauce.
After spreading sauce around the shell, top with cheese and parsley. Cook for 8-11 minutes.