Recycle your leftovers!
Makes: 8 taquitos.
- 1 3-5 lbs. beef roast
- 8 8-inch corn or flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 piece of ginger, minced or grated
- ¾ piece turmeric, minced or grated
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder with diced parsley
- ¼ tablespoon jalapeno powder
- 4-6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup water
- Vegetable oil for frying
In a crock pot over low heat melt butter or ghee and sauté ginger 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Mix in cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, chili powder, paprika, chicken bouillon, jalapeno powder.
Add in beef and brown 3-4 minutes.
Pour in broth and cook on high 5-6 hours then shred. On a dry surface, lay out tortillas.
Mix eggs and water together.
Near the edge make a line of shredded beef going down the tortilla, roll.
Brush the entire taquito with egg wash paying close attention to seal. Always lay taquitos seal side down when not in use.
Bring pot or deep skillet with 2-3 inches of oil to a gentle boil.
Slip in 2-4 at a time without crowding, moving every few seconds to ensure even frying.
2-3 minutes or until golden brown.