You’ll love this thick and hearty stew!
Makes: 4 servings.
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken or ground beef
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes- washed, peeled, and cubed (sweet potato spirals work too)
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 2 large sweet white onions (chopped)
- 1-piece ginger, minced or grated
- 1-piece turmeric, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons white pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¾ cup no sodium chicken stock or beef stock
In a large pot warmed over medium high heat melt butter then sauté ginger, turmeric, and onion 2-4 minutes. (another option is to let them sweat 20 minutes over low heat)
Add in salt, both peppers, cloves, saffron threads, cinnamon, smoked paprika and stir-fry 30-40 seconds.
Stir in chicken and sweet potatoes; coating both in spices. Letting sweet potatoes brown on the edges.
Stir in broth, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, let simmer for 20-25 minutes.