Add in seasonal root vegetables!
Makes: 4-6 servings.
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 3 /2 - 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/3 cup coriander seeds
- ¾ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mire poix
- ½ cup lentils, green or brown
- 2 cups chickpeas-soaked in water 45-60 minutes
- 5-6 large tomatoes
- 4-6 tablespoons water (depends on how thick you like your gravy)
- 2 cups no sodium chicken stock
Set pressure cooker to sauté and melt butter into oil and sauté mire poix, parsley, coriander seeds, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, tomato paste, tomato sauce, lentils, chickpeas, water, broth 1 minute.
Close, lock lid, set to high, and cook for 20 minutes.