The homemade stock is delicious and contains no added salt
Makes: 6 Ingredients
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sunflower oil 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) curry powder or to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cake flour
- 4 cups (1 litre) Homemade stock or water with 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat or fat-free milk lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley or thyme
Step 1: Heat oil in a large pot and fry onion and garlic for a few minutes. Step 2: Add mushrooms and curry powder and fry until golden brown.
Step 3: Stir in the ﬂour until well blended.
Step 4: Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Step 5: Stir in the milk. Season with lemon juice and pepper and stir in parsley.
Step 6: Serve soup on its own or with 1-2 slices of brown or wholewheat bread per person as a main meal.