Great vegetarian dish!
Makes: 4 servings.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger, powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric, powder
- 2/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon Ras el hanout (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 medium sized peeled carrots
- 1 cup no sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- ½-1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
In the bottom of tagine sauté onions and garlic 1-2 minutes.
Over medium-low heat, add in salt, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, ras el hanout, parsley, carrots, and water.
Cover and cook until carrots soften and are tender (keep checking and when you can cut them with a fork without much pressure they’re done).
Add in honey, raisins, chickpeas, and chili peppers. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes.